Tuesday 23 November 2010

Myra Hindley

I said I would comment on Carol Ann Lees book on Myra Hindley. My opinion has always been that Hindley should have been treated like any other life prisoner. I must admit after reading Carol Ann's book I can understand why there was a reluctance to release her. The wicked torture and murder and the tapes of that act published in this book was traumatic reading. However Hindleys detention after her life sentence was complete was an abuse of the legal system. And if we accept the law as the law then her detention was illegal and unfair. However Hindley was a deceptive and devious woman who lied, lied and lied throughout her life. Coming clean at the beginning after sentence may have meant she would have been released earlier. I accept now that she truly was an evil person and if she changed at all it was only at the very lates stage of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment